Friday, February 02, 2007

LDAP revisited

I revisited the LDAP config this morning thinking that if things didn't work, I'd maybe get some help from Dave who left a message on the blog over night.

I reloaded the base config file for phpLDAPadmin and started to add in server information:
server name: My LDAP server
server host: ldap.server.domain.ltd
server port: 389
server base: dc=server,dc=domain,dc=tld
server auth_type: cookie
Then, login via the browser:
Login DN: cn=admin,dc=server,dc=domain,dc=tld
password: blah
And it worked!

As far as getting thunderbird to find the contact details:
Name: obvious
Hostname: obvious
Base DN: ou=personal,dc=server,dc=domain,dc=tld
Port: 389
Bind DN: cn=admin,dc=server,dc=domain,dc=tld
TBird doesn't list the entries, but it you Shift+F, you can find the entries.
Go back to Options, and under Composition->Addressing, select the Directory server.

The autopopulation of the address fields still doesn't seem to work, but I can search and find my contacts, so things are looking up.

No comments: