Monday, May 01, 2006

Transitions

In December 2004, I took the plunge and installed Linux on my home machine.

This was SUSE9 and I very much enjoyed our honeymoon together. My initial exploration was with KDE and once I upgraded to SUSE10 I had tried and tested many applications and had a trusted few installed.

I still hadn't really tried out the Gnome desktop and with Ubuntu hitting the streets, I took the plunge and tried out another distro. I am happy to say that I have stuck with it and how have a 6.06 64bit installation and two 6.06 server installations that are very stable and easy to manage.

There have, of course, been bumps along the way and this blog will hopefully answer the questions that I asked myself. Most of all, it will act as a repository of information I may need when I upgrade or reinstall.

No comments: